Rigorous training and 30+ years of collective experience are at the core of our award-winning composition output. That said, each of our team members brings a unique background and skillset to their work, ranging from choral conducting to intermedia, pop music production to fine arts design, avant-garde to jazz, pencil-and-paper to electro.
Because of this, we truly are capable of composing in any style or genre. Our work as a diverse team helps us to produce art that is characterised by quality, efficiency, and artistic integrity.
Our clients in film music composition and production expect and receive excellence and experience from our composers. But, our composers are also seasoned, independent creatives, constantly busy with new commissions, collaborating with performers, or travelling abroad to attend creative events.
Pride in process and artistic excellence are fostered at SEIN, and because of this our composers are encouraged to take part in a diverse variety of projects and opportunities.
Some of our past composition activities include:
- Composing for and collaborating with the world-famous Stockholm Saxophone Quartet;
- Writing music for acclaimed South African poet Antjie Krog, and internationally recognised director Marthinus Basson;
- Composing for 25+ short films in conjunction with The Animation School in Cape Town since 2014;
- Producing music for To and Fro, official selection of Festival de Cannes 2018;
- Attending internationally respected residencies, including the Sterkfontein Composer’s Meeting, MacDowell Colony USA, and Arteles Creative Residency Finland;
- Frequent commissions by the South African Music Rights Organisation, the most respected commissioning body in South Africa;
- Performances of our composers’ work in South Africa, Australia, the UK, Europe, Russia, Canada, and the USA;
- Commissions by over 50 ensembles and performance bodies from South Africa and abroad;
SEIN is proud to work with a team of three award-winning composers:
- Antoni Schonken (PhD)
- Arthur Feder (MMus)
- Jesse Dreyer (BMus)
Here are some extracts of our composers’ soundtracks and original compositions. We’ll be adding more soon!